This week, Evan is flying solo and pursuing the musical motif of “running in place”. What began as a comment on how the days seemingly slip by during quarantine, quickly took on a new meaning in the context of George Floyd’s death and the ensuing national protests. “Running in Place” is a musical rumination on the systemic injustices which, once again, have reared their ugly faces in the past week.
CLiFF CiTY Radio is Washington College’s first college radio program, created and hosted by Evan Gaines. The hummingbird mag has graciously allowed the Radio Free George production to be hosted on the site for it’s weekly summer postings.
*DISCLAIMER: CLiFF CiTY Radio contains explicit language*
THiS WEEKS TRACKLiST:
INTRO: “American” by Pure Hell >
1. “How Long” by Charles Bradley, Menahan Street Band
2. “Strange Fruit” by Billie Holiday >
3. “Lady Day and John Coltrane” by Gil Scott-Heron
4. “When the Hunter Gets Captured by the Game” by Jerry Garcia
5. “Greedy Motherfuckers” by Jerry Paper >
6. “Theme for the Cross” by King Krule >
7. “Sea of Nothing” by Drugdealer
8. “I Don’t Trust You Anymore” by Left at London >
9. “Samaritans” by IDLES >
10. “Lined Lips and Spiked Bats” by G.L.O.S.S.
11. “Big Smile” by Turnstile
12. “Power High” by No Option
13. “40 oz on Repeat” by FIDLAR
14. “Ajmal Alyam” by Kamal Keila
15. “Why is it So Hard” by Charles Bradley, Menahan Street Band